Our Children, Our Future.
Jenyns First School was built on the site of a cottage left in the will of Thomas Jenyns in 1579. When in the nineteenth century the cottage became derelict, the Trustees of the Jenyns Alms House Charity sought permission to build a Girl's School on the land which opened in 1868.
In 1875 a second building was constructed for the Boys, together with the Master's house.
In 1877 an Infants School was added on the east side of the Girls School.
In 2004 the new school building was opened at the top of the school field bringing all the children under one roof for the first time. This new building ensures the future of a village school for the children of Braughing.
The school retains the existing school field including the Maze and wild-life area with scope for a new pond and conservation area. For the first time we have a school hall which is really well equipped.
Today the school is within the Buntingford three-tier system and caters for children from the age of three and a half up to the age of nine.