We are a health conscious school
Our school meals:
All Hertfordshire Catering menus are nutritionally balanced, whilst offering children lots of their popular food choices. A hot meal is offered with either meat or vegetarian choices and at Jenyns we also offer a packed lunch option.
Fresh salads and vegetables along with wholesome bread are all on offer to help your child make balanced choices.
For those who have packed lunches and would like some advice on making healthy choices please click on the link below.
NHS Healthy Lunchbox
Please note that due to nut allergies in school all nut products or items including nuts should not be included in your child’s lunchbox.
There are other ways for a school to be healthy. At Jenyns, we celebrate health in a variety of ways:
- We identify, develop and communicate a positive message and appropriate values in relation to the health and well-being of the whole school community
- Actively value and promote the self-esteem of all members of the school community, develop good relationships in the daily life of the school and are welcoming and open to parents and the wider community
- We are successful in helping pupils and staff do their best and celebrates their achievements
- Offer all pupils the opportunity to benefit from a broad, balanced, creative and stimulating education that challenges and promotes brain-friendly learning
- Promote good communication within the whole school community ensuring that pupils and staff are given an effective voice in whole school decision making
- We Provide an accessible and relevant PSHE / Citizenship programme which enables pupils to develop their skills and attitudes in order to make informed choices about their health and to develop their social, moral, spiritual and cultural awareness
- Invest in the physical and emotional health of staff and pupils to help improve standards and raise achievement
- Provide a range of opportunities beyond the curriculum which promote the development of skills- this is also through a 'Wellbeing Week'
- We take every opportunity to provide a safe, happy and reflective learning environment which promotes inclusion