Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
Our values and aims
As a school we aim to ensure that:
- Each child is valued for their individual contributions and develops a positive attitude towards everyone in the life of the school and community.
- Each child develops high self-esteem, confidence and a true feeling of self-worth and develops a sense of responsibility.
- Each child appreciates the spiritual nature of life.
- Each child acquires a set of moral values and attributes including honesty, respect, sincerity, trust and personal responsibility.
- Each child develops understanding and mutual respect of other religions, races, cultures, gender, people with disabilities and associated points of view.
- Each child develops a lively enquiring mind and life skills so that he/she will have the ability to experiment, investigate, take risks, challenge, discriminate and make informed choices whilst at school and in their later life.
- Each child develops the skills and attitudes necessary to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Each child is able to respond positively as a learner to all aspects of literacy, numeracy, ICT and science and performs at a level of competency in all areas with confidence and enthusiasm.
- Each child will be enriched, motivated and challenged by a broad and balanced curriculum and will be valued for all their efforts and achievements.
- Each child will be given equal opportunities to participate in all aspects of school life.
We believe our aims provide the basis for the delivery of a dynamic creative curriculum, the provision of a stimulating and interactive learning environment and a foundation, which will prepare the children for the changing nature of society.